The Lakehead Region Conservation Authority owns and pays property taxes on many properties throughout the City of Thunder Bay and other Member Municipalities. In addition to our eight recreational Conservation Areas, three Forest Management Properties and Other Lands the LRCA has also purchased lands to afford flood protection.
Floodplain Lands owned by the LRCA include:
- 22.8 hectares along McVicar Creek
- 7 hectares along the Neebing River
- 5 hectares along the Kaministiquia River
- Arthur Bog - 54.8 hectares
- 38.8 hectares along the Neebing-McIntyre Floodway