Beautiful views and easy access to Lake Superior
Lake Superior offers infinite recreation possibilities and Silver Harbour is the ticket to this natural playground of Northern Ontario. One of the many sites which were explored for silver in the Thunder Bay area during the 1800's, Silver Harbour offers public access to Lake Superior.
Recreational boaters will appreciate two long and wide, concrete launching ramps and three fixed courtesy docks.
Organized groups will find the large picnic site and shelter attractive and convenient. The picnic shelter can be reserved. There are also concrete accessible picnic tables situated along the breakwall.
DID YOU KNOW?
- Conservation Areas in the Lakehead Region are privately owned by the Lakehead Region Conservation Authority (LRCA). They are not City Parks or Crown Land.
- The LRCA pays property taxes on all of its Conservation Areas.
- The LRCA maintains the trails, parking areas, boat launches and other facilities located within our Conservation Areas without the support of Federal or Provincial funding.
- Your purchase of an Explore Card Parking Pass or payment of the $2.00 per vehicle parking fee supports development, maintenance and improvements to the LRCA’s existing trail networks, as well as general Conservation Area maintenance and upkeep.
- Funds raised through the purchase of Explore Cards and payment of the $2.00 per vehicle parking fee also support the LRCA’s Environmental Education and Stewardship programming.
- A minimum $2.00 per vehicle parking fee is recommended.